Low Carb Chocolate Mug Cake
Sometimes, you need a quick satisfying fix. This takes just a minute.
30g Unsalted Butter
3 tsp Xylitol or Stevia Sweet Crystal– (my tooth might be less sweet than most, you can drop to 1-2 tsp in a few weeks if you feel the need, start with this amount though) if you are using a stevia based sweetener, make sure you don’t put too much in as it can be very, very sweet. I would recommend any Xylitol based sweetener or Stevia Sweet Crystal sweetener which is a mix of erythritol and stevia. Both these sweeteners are equally good – just use 1.5-2 tsp only as it’s much sweeter than sugar or Xylitol.
1 tbls Cocoa
1/2 small/medium egg (obviously you don’t have to chop the egg in half! Just save the other half, covered in the fridge for your next fix, or make double the quantity and give to someone you love.)
2 tbls Ground almonds
Splash cold Double cream/greek yogurt
- Melt the butter for 10-15 secs in microwave in your favourite mug.
- Stir in Xylitol/Stevia and cocoa powder until well combined
- Add the egg and mix really, really well.
- Stir in the ground almonds
- Stick in the microwave for 20 secs on full. (you might have to adjust to get the perfect set, depending on your microwave) The middle should still be a little liquid. Pour a splash of double cream into the centre or a dollop of greek yogurt, (full fat all the way) and eat whist still hot.