My gorgeous daughter doesn’t like chocolate brownies. I know. Weird.
So I promised I would make some blondies for her. They are very low in sugar and totally delicious. No gluten- (actually no grains at all which keeps them very low in carbs) low in sugar – about 1/2 tsp per slice.
This recipe is LCHF, (low carb, high fat) it’s delicious. Totally.
This is a similar recipe to the pistachio brownies but without all the cocoa. Less grown up, utterly yummy.
Here’s the simple but perfect recipe.
170g Very soft Butter – use salted or unsalted, if you use unsalted, add a pinch to the recipe – it brings out the sweetness.
50g Brown Rice Syrup – if you don’t have this- use any syrup you’ve got – even Golden works well.
80g Truvia (supermarket bought stevia based sweetener – by Silver Spoon. Stevia is a brilliant sweetener. Nothing like the aspartame nightmares of the past…
230g Ground Almonds or Ground pistachios
1 tsp baking powder
50g dark chocolate finely chopped – I use 80% but 70% is OK – just slightly more sugar.
- Beat the very soft butter with the trivia and syrup until light and fluffy,
- Add one egg at a time, whip between additions, (don’t let it curdle – but if it does, not worries, just a slightly more dense blondie will be the result…)
- Fold in the Ground Almonds and the baking powder
- Then fold in the chopped chocolate
- Dollop into a lined brownie tin, 8x10inch tin works best…
- Bake at 160 fan for 20-23 minutes
- Cut into 16 slices!