Low Carb ‘bread’ rolls
These are the best keto bread rolls and closest thing to a real bread roll I reckon I’m ever going to get on Keto. I have been working on this very recipe for more than a year. This is the result. Do let me know what you think. I’m very pleased with it.
The only slightly off the wall ingredient in here is the psyllium husk powder but if you are used to baking on Keto or Low carb diets you might well have some of this anyway.
I would make sure that you use the powder form psyllium husk, Seven Hills do a fabulous one and the pack will last absolutely ages so well worth the investment.
60g Psyllium Huks powder
60g Coconut Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp salt
10g Cider Vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
4 whole eggs
300ml boiling water
- Set the oven to 175ºC
- Ready a baking sheet with parchment/silicone paper on top.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl
- Boil the water in a kettle.
- In a separate jug crack the eggs and combine with the vinegar
- Add the egg and vinegar mix to the dry ingredients, begin to mix.
- Quickly add the 300ml of ‘just boiled’ water to the bowl and using either a hand mixer or vigorous hand mixing with a wooden spoon, quickly mix for no more than 10 seconds just until the ingredients are well combined. do not overwork.
- Take a handful of the mix and roll between your hands into 8 larger balls, or 12 smaller ones. They will rise dramatically in the oven.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool on a rack. Keeps for a few days in an airtight container, but they also freeze beautifully.