You need to roll them really thinly and that way they will have a good snap.
Low carb, totally delicious and fab with all your favourite cheeses and dips.
These take 6 minutes to bake and just about 10 minutes to make (maybe 15 if you are very exact!)
1 tbls chia seeds
2 tbls water
100g /1 cup ground almonds or almond flour
1 tbls olive oil
½ tsp salt
A grind or two of black pepper
Optional: ¼ tsp fennel seeds/lemon zest/garlic powder
(You don’t have to add any of these but if you like a little play with a recipe go for it! Add whatever you like!)
- Preheat oven to 200ºC
- Measure the chia seeds into a smallish bowl, pour over the 2 tbls of water and allow to soak for 5 mins.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients to form a dough.
- Roll out until as thin as possible (really, really thin!) between 2 pieces of parchment/baking paper/silicon paper.
- Remove the top layer of the parchment and using a pizza wheel or a long bladed knife, slice the whole lot into squares. Don’t drag the knife across the rolled out dough, instead press down with the knife – the pizza wheel is perfect…
- Slide the whole lot including the parchment, onto a large baking sheet. There is no need to separate the crackers up before baking and this way there is no waste or re-rolling.
- Slip into your pre-heated oven on a middle shelf. Bake for 5-6 minutes until golden. Leave to cool completely. Then dip/spread/snap to your heart’s content!