This is a fabulous invention! Between a biscuit and a Spanish churros. The biscuits are cooked in ghee! (They don’t absorb the oil at all and so are completely grease-free, but take on a wonderful flavour through this method of cooking.)
They work beautifully dipped in the orange blossom honey cream, and pair perfectly with a Ruby Thai Oolong Tea
Makes 6 biscuits.
50g Tapioca Flour – or you can use arrowroot – it’s in the baking section of your supermarket!
50g Ground almonds
20g Truvia Stevia blend sweetener
10g Ghee or butter
200g Ghee for frying
½ tsp Vanilla Extract
300g Double Cream
50g Orange Blossom Honey
½ Tsp Orange Blossom Extract – Optional
1. Combine the tapioca flour, almond flour vanilla, stevia sweetener and water.
2. Place into a piping bag with a star shaped nozzle and set to one side.
3. Place the double cream and honey and orange blossom extract, if using, into a saucepan and set over a medium heat whilst stirring. Bring to a simmer, then allow to cool.
4. Put the ghee into a saucepan and melt over a medium heat.
5. Once hot, squeeze the biscuit batter from the piping bag into the hot fat in a swirl pattern.
6. Fry for 2 minutes on each side, then transfer to a piece of kitchen roll. Repeat until all the batter is used.
7. Serve the biscuits with a pot of the honey cream for dipping delights. Drink a lovely Ruby Thai Oolong tea with it to tantalise your taste buds!